Saturday, December 24, 2011

It's The Little Things

Sometimes it doesn't take much at all to just make me smile. Like friends who know me well enough to bring by a treat like this, just for me:


Or a card as hilariously hideous as this:


Or a pair of awesome bootish-socks with SOLES! like these:


Kind messages in my inbox, pictures and Christmas greetings in my mailbox:


Spending time with my family every year on Christmas Eve:


and watching cousins (along with my Mom) having a blast together:

The Santa at the grocery store tonight who took the time to talk to my wide-eyed Little O without being asked (I wish I had my camera with me!) even though he probably just wanted to buy his Diet Coke and Wheat Thins and get home to Mrs. Claus.

It's the little things that make me happy during the holidays.

I hope your Christmas (and beyond) is filled with lots of Little Things.

7 comments:

Brown Thumb Mama said...

What a great picture of everybody! Love to all of you from all of us. :o)

Rachel said...

Looks like loads of fun!!

Merry Christmas Gerb!!!

Alexis said...

Merry Christmas! I hope your family has a wonderful holiday!

Jamie said...

Gerb, you just rock my socks. I think you are amazing and Jason says that maybe someday when I am up that way, I'll get to meet you. :) Thanks for spreading cheer and positivity whenever possible. Merry Christmas!

Gerb said...

BTM- We need a big Royce family reunion, right? Much love to you and your cute family.

Rachel- Back atcha!

Alexis- It has been great to have everyone home. I hope yours has been awesome, too!

Jamie- I would love to meet you! Thanks for making me feel awesome. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Richard & Natalie said...

You know you LOVE that card. And, you are right, it's the little things that truly matter. Great family pics.

Teachinfourth said...

Glad you had a rocking Christmas...it's often those small things that make it so big and awesome.