Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Coloring


Curly would color, paint and create pictures from the moment she woke up until the moment her eyes closed for the night if we let her.

Here is what my fridge looks like on any given day:


Every 10 or 15 minutes she presents me with one of her masterpieces and says with excitement, "I made this for you, Mom!" How can I say no? Yesterday she gave me no less than 30 pictures. I asked her, "Sweetheart, if I kept every picture you ever made for me, what do you think our house would like like?" Her eyes got huge and she answered,

"Pretty awesome!"

It was getting to the point where I knew we needed to either wallpaper the house or channel her creativity into something constructive. I found some color-able Christmas clipart and made some simple cards on the computer, printed them off, cut them out, and now she's coloring to her heart's content with a purpose.


Once she's finished enough of them I'm planning to take her over to the neighborhood Elderly Care Center to deliver her cards to each of the residents there.

She also plans to write notes inside and mail a custom-made Christmas card to a few people. (She's making a list.)

She's happy coloring, I'm happy that it has a purpose, and the people who get them will be happy, too.

4 comments:

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Fantastic idea! You mean you don't want to wallpaper your house in original art?!? ;o)

Rachel said...

This is brilliant Gerb!!!! I'm gonna steal this idea because I have the same 'problem' :) at our house!! Ohh my little ones are going to love this.

Chelle! said...

Oh, I want to be on that list...I need some artwork for my refrigerator. HINT HINT

Teachinfourth said...

As always...awesome idea, Gerb!