Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Asked For It

Today's Sunday School lesson for my 4 to 5-year-old class was titled "Our Parents Help Us Learn". One of the points was that we were born into families for a reason: so they could help us to learn and grow.

I posed this question to my class:

Why do you think we were born into families instead of just being placed on the earth in the middle of a grassy field somewhere?

And N~'s answer was this:

Because we NEEDed to be PRE-TECTed from LAWNmowers!

Maybe I should re-think the way I pose my questions to 4 and 5-year-olds...

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

My brother must have been that age when my dad asked in a F.H.E. lesson, "What might keep us from having heaven in our home?" and he answered, "Gravity!"

simplysarah said...

hilarious.

Anaise said...

I protect my kids from lawnmowers--they're dangerous! Good answer! :)

I so enjoy the way kids' minds work.

Kimm said...

That is great!

Teachinfourth said...

MaH-Beee wee need twoo bhee swafe fwrom wheed whacuhs twoo, teechuh.

annette said...

I LOVE the unpredictable answers! Once, when my dad was trying to explain that there can be two ways to look at things, he asked my brother how a clock goes. He knew he would say "tick-tock", to which my dad would reply, "who's to say it doesn't go 'tock-tick'?" My brother paused in thought to this question, then replied," mmmmmmmmm". My brother had an electric clock. My dad could not make his point. I laughed until my sides hurt! (I think I should post this story!)

hintonrae said...

Oh, I thought it was to protect us from hungry cows and such. I'm such a doofus sometimes.