Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Whole Truth

So... our anniversary celebration. That last post was the story that unraveled in my brain as I'd ask Allen to be in pictures and he would include his own unexpected faces and poses. But the truth is this: we did, in fact, stay at the Inn on the Hill, and it was beautiful. It was in close proximity to almost everything we wanted to do in Salt Lake City so we were able to just walk to our destinations for most of the weekend. One of the most wonderful things was the fact that I did not have to cook one meal for almost 3 days. Oh, bliss! I have come to realize that my favorite food is food that is prepared by someone else.

I think that the phrase "A picture speaks a thousand words" will serve me well to describe the rest of our little getaway (and be much less boring for you). So, without further ado, may I present:

Our 17th Anniversary Celebration

(You can click on the picture to see it larger if you so desire...)

P.S. Extra credit to those who notice the accidental photo repeat. The truth: I was too lazy to fix it.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

a. I don't know if I've ever before seen "Flemish Stew" on a menu, but if I ever encounter that in the future, I'll be sure NOT to order it. Thanks, Big A.

b. You guys look kind of tired on Trax.

c. Looks like a great weekend. :)

rorymckm said...

the pics are amazing, what a wonderful way to celebrate and anniversary. congrats!

Gerb said...

Bec-
A. That picture was actually part of my other 'invented anniversary' post, but I couldn't bring myself to keep it there. I figured this way it was a little less obvious. Thanks for noticing it, though! :)

B. We noticed that, too. I think we were both trying to look cute and didn't quite pull it off...

C. It was. I can't wait to hear about your time in the Big Apple!

Rory- Thanks! It was a lot of fun.

Teachinfourth said...

I have to agree...food DOES taste so much better when somebody else makes it.

I'm glad to hear that you had a great weekend getaway and were able to really enjoy yourselves.

Gerb said...

T5th- Can I get an AMEN? And thanks. We thought of you when we saw "Hot Fuzz" in the Inn's DVD collection. Must be a classic...

Cami said...

I noticed the Flemish Stew too. I'm glad you had a great weekend. And I totally agree. Any food you don't have to cook yourself, is way better!

The accidental photo repeat is the river.

Gerb said...

Cami- DING DING DING DING! Extra credit rewarded. :)