Monday, July 6, 2009

We Are Family

In case you were wondering, this is the reason my blog has been neglected this past week. We attended the family reunion for Allen's side of the family up near Driggs, Idaho at a campground called Reunion Flats in the shadow of the Teton Mountains.

Can I just say: I love these people.

Only 11 of Allen's siblings and their families are in this picture. One family had to leave early for another reunion and 4 weren't able to make it. Aren't we an awesome looking group of people, considering we have been camping and haven't showered for 4 days? (Please take time to notice that at least 4 of my children have red licorice all over their faces or clothing. Yes, friends, that's how we roll in the great outdoors.)

I have lots of great pictures and stories to tell. But guess what? Another family reunion. This weekend.

I know.

Catch up with you soon.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

The fact that you got a snapshot of all of those people smiling tells me that you guys were having a good ol' time. Because I can't even get 7 people in my family to smile on command, in unison, for a picture.

It's good to be around happy people.

Gerb said...

Bec- Coolister's smile is quite possibly my favorite. But yes, I agree. Being around happy people is good for the soul.

Teachinfourth said...

I agree with Rebecca...that shot makes it look like you all like each other.

Glad you're back, hope you have fun again on your next adventure in family life.

hintonrae said...

Good googamooga. I thought I had a big family. (My mom had 4 sisters--I have, like 30+ cousins and I don't know how many seconds and thirds). You have your own township.