Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's About Love

Meet Daren and Shannon.

Daren is one of Allen's brothers - for sure the one who smiles the most. I say this because I don't recall a time I have seen him without a smile on his face. Which makes he and Shannon a perfect match - because her smile is also a constant ray of sunshine.

I am not sure how to even begin to describe how much I love these two. In fact, it brings my emotions very close to the surface when I think of what an amazing couple they are. Despite the fact that they are younger than Allen and I, we look to them as examples. Daren and Shannon have a zest for life. They are incredibly smart. Their love for each other and their families is evident in all that they do. They know how to have fun. They are patient, kind and generous. And no matter what life throws their way, they are always smiling.

Daren and Shannon
want to be parents. They want children to share their home and happiness and hearts with. I do not know anyone who is better qualified than these two! However, they have discovered that they are unable to have children on their own. As devastating as this was, they are still smiling - because they are hoping to have a chance to adopt.

It makes me smile to think of the lucky baby (or BABIES!) who will become a part of their happy family.

(This is where you come in!)

What can you do to help? Lots of things!

- You can click on that button over at the top of my sidebar and read all about Daren and Shannon.

- You can put their button on your blog to help spread the word.

Help us adopt

- And if you know anyone who is in a position to place a child for adoption, you can tell them about Daren and Shannon.

Thank you.

7 comments:

Infertility Goddess said...

It makes me so happy to see the support that Daren and Shannon are getting from family members. This is a very frustrating, exciting and painful time in their lives - having family that cares eases the burden.

That special spirit coming their way is going to be one lucky kid to have them for parents.

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Done! Good luck to them in building their forever family. Keep us posted!

Anaise said...

I've been there--I know it doesn't seem like I've been there, but I have. Miracles happen. Heavenly Father WILL make His power manifest in the formation of this little family. Miracles do happen.

Gerb said...

IG- I totally agree. I can not wait for the news that a baby is joining their family!

BTM- Thanks, Pam. You were already my favorite cousin, but your place is now forever secured. :) And I promise to keep you posted.

Anaise- Thank you. We are praying everyday for that miracle!

stamptherapy said...

Gerb, thank you so much for your sweet post. No words can adequately say what my mom-heart feels reading this. I'm so happy that S&D have family like you.

Gerb said...

ST- Thanks for raising such an amazing daughter. We sure love calling her family!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful story-you are my heroes!!!Check out my website at heavenonearthart.com Thanks for sharing-Debbie