I got a beautiful new rosebush with "Our Mother's Day Mailbox Rosebush" labeled on the front.
Throughout the day I found letters from each of my kids nestled in the bush... including this classic from Coolister (who, may I point out, is almost sixteen).
When I went outside I found that Allen had built a planter where the new rosebush could reside.
No such luck.
As I washed the breakfast dishes this morning Princess called to me, "Mom! There's a mailbox by your flowers!" I looked out the window thinking that perhaps I'd find the purple Columbine flowers I received from church on Sunday planted by our mailbox.
Here is what I saw instead:
Mail!
I decided that after all of the work he put into everything the least I could do was get those roses in the ground.
I left the kidlets in the house with ElemenoB (who was home with a sore throat) and set to digging myself a hole. Almost immediately I hit a rock.
Cursed ground! I thought. I tried to pry it out with the shovel and found that it was not a rock at all...
I am absolutely overwhelmed at the effort that went into making this Mother's Day(s) completely unforgettable.
But you want to know where the real treasure is?
Right here.

17 comments:
Awwwwww!!!! That is soooo awesome! What a great Mother's Day. I'm so impressed by the amount of effort and thought that went into that...I think I am going to show this post to my husband so he can take a hint. (Although I do have a tendency to kill every rosebush I plant.)And just for the record, we can't ever be spoiled enough. We're moms, not princesses.
that is the best ever! Now how can I get this post to my husband and make it look subtle?
awesome indeed!
Brilliant!!! I adore the mailbox... reminds me of all the fun as a kid. Buried treasure... fun fun fun fun!!!
Love the last pic... love.
I knew you'd have a cool Mother's Day. I've been waiting for this post!
um, did you just make me cry? Wow. I think so.
Very sweet...even for a bitter getting-older spinster like myself. ;)
You have such a super cool family.
Oh, and I promise I taught Coolister how to spell better than that!
You are one lucky lady, but your family is even luckier to have you!
In a word: heartrending.
Best Mother's Day EVER!!!!! So Cool!
Fantastic! What an awesome couple of days. You deserve it!
I hope this isn't misunderstood, but I just want to say that Allen posesses all the great qualities you'd expect from a manly man, and yet, he has this sweet sensitive side, too. Such a great balance! And you two are such a perfect complementary pair!
Thanks everyone! It was an amazing 2 days. I truly felt like royalty. I could totally get used to this...
Okay. So I am crying now. Beautiful!
This is so neat. Love the new planter!
BTW...How long did it take you to train him?
How fun! Happy Mother's Day!!
Post a Comment