Hello, everyone. I have resurfaced from my sickness fog. It is good to be back and fully functioning. Did you miss me? I missed you.
The final playlist for my Thanksgiving CD is complete. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions! Don't be sad if your songs aren't included - I may not have been able to find them.
(Or one song may have had a couple of lines that I didn't want to have to explain to my kids. Don't think I didn't love hearing that song again, though! It's been a long time...)
I also did not want a whole CD full of just instrumental music - I like to sing along. So a few were excluded for that reason.
When I played the songs for my kids, if they said anything like "That sounds weird" then I left it out as well. I mean, they're going to have to listen to this until after Thanksgiving, too.
A few songs were thrown in even if they just said "Thank you" in them because I wanted a little variety. I also opted to throw in a few songs about eating and home, because (hello!) where do we go and what do we do for Thanksgiving? And how else could I include Michael Buble?
Why do I feel the need to explain myself? Because I love you all. I do not like hurt feelings. And I especially do not like secret hurt feelings that come across as "No everything's just fine and I am not at all offended that you didn't like my song choices" but really mean "Why do I even bother reading your blog when you obviously hate me and all that I suggest and stand for?"
I really love you. Really. Really!
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for (drumroll, please...)
Here's the playlist: (UPDATED! I forgot one! See #15...)
1. Thankful - Josh Groban
2. Thanksgiving Theme - Vince Guaraldi Trio (think Charlie Brown)
3. Colors - John McCutcheon
4. Prayer of Thanksgiving - David Tolk
5. Eat It - Weird Al
6. Thanksgiving Day - John McCutcheon
7. Thank U - Alanis Morrissette (who doesn't love singing along to this one at the top of their lungs? THANK YOU, SILEEEEEEEENCE!!)
8. When Fall Comes to New England - Cheryl Wheeler
9. Take Me Home Country Roads - John Denver
10. Thank You - John Mellencamp
11. Happy Thanksgiving - Debbie Friedman
12. Home - Michael Buble
13. Thanksgiving - George Winston
14. Celebrate Me Home - Kenny Loggins
15. Thanksgiving - Jim Brickman
Now I need to start working on a "Winter" CD for the day after Christmas...