Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sick and Tired (No, Really...)

Remember when you were a kid and your parents would say something like, "Hey! Next week we're going to Disneyland!" You'd get all excited and not be able to sleep the whole week leading up to the big day - so sure that something terrible would happen to you or your family or even Disneyland itself and you'd have to miss out?

And then the big day would come and you'd be so excited that it was THE DAY and everyone was healthy and no one got hit by a firetruck and Disneyland didn't burn down?

That was awesome.

But now my body plays different tricks on me.

I get really excited about going to something like a Theatrical Interpreting Workshop with my brother for the weekend - a mini-vacation, really - and then my body says, "HA! I've got a little something I've been saving up for just such an occasion!"

And my throat hurts. And my head hurts. And I just want to go to sleep.

And parent/teacher conferences are today.

Plus I am doing my first interpreting job in a LONG time tonight.

Mean body.

But I'm older now, and smarter too. I'm fighting this for all it's worth - with banana/blueberry/pineapple smoothies and lots of water and herbal teas with honey and whatever else I can think of.

Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling renewed.

9 comments:

Gina said...

I'm hoping you feel better. I need report on the workshop. It sounds interesting, but I am not going. I hope you recover and interpret the pants off of everyone! Tell your bro hi!

Holmes said...

Oh, I am so sorry. I just found out that Chip is going to the workshop. I didn't know you were going too. I hope a good night's sleep is all it takes to get you on your feet again.

Teachinfourth said...

You did seem pretty mellow at PTCs earlier tonight...

Hope you feel better soon.

Gloria said...

I'm praying for you to feel well and up and at 'em, so you can go and have a great time. Perhaps gargle with warmish water to which you have added two or three drops of oil of oregano (the best is P73 by American Herbs--I think).

I'm picturing you having a wonderful time at the workshop.

Holmes said...

Are you better? Fingers are crossed...

Sybrina said...

So you ARE human! ;) Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

Chelle! said...

Oh, I hope you are feeling better!! Tell us about your workshop--it sounds fascinating!!

cari said...

Feel better soon!

Panama Jones said...

Feeling sick is never any fun, and it is certainly compounded by having both too much to do and/or fun stuff you've been planning on. I hope everything worked out.