Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Prophet Dear

Yesterday we received the news that President Gordon B. Hinckley had slipped from this life to be reunited with his sweet wife beyond the veil. Our family was saddened by the news, but at the same time so happy for the reunion he must now be enjoying.

I was touched when my kids joined with many other youth in this area in wearing their church clothes to school today in President Hinckley's honor.

Our family echoes the words given in this speech on the Senate floor today:

"...today I add my voice to those of 13 million other members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in bidding farewell to our beloved prophet, President Gordon Bitner Hinckley. His death late yesterday in his home in Salt Lake City has reminded us that all good things must come to an end. It is a sad day for all... We have lost our friend, our leader, and our fellow servant. President Hinckley lived great, and he died great in the eyes of God and his people, leaving behind him a fame and a name which will be known for generations to come."

3 comments:

Michelle said...

He affected so MANY people. He will be deeply missed. I just think about how great that reunion was on the other side. I am so glad that we believe in the true church. Oh, it just gives me goosebumps!!!

Julie said...

What a beautiful tribute. I'm so glad you included the link.

annette said...

Thank you for this! What an amazing thing for the kids to do! The video is great. It reminds me how privledged I am to be a mother and a teacher to this generation of kids!