Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quick Quips

From the mouths of my kids...


"The doctor put a noodle in my leg."

"Check out what's in my diaper!"

Me: "That looks like a spider bite."
Hubba: "Awesome! Am I gonna get super powers?!"

"Mom, I want you to stop following Satan."

"You're the best cook I've never seen!"

"So, wait... is Rocky about a sumo wrestler?"

A car slowly turns into the parking lot where we are walking. Out of nowhere, Hubba yells: "Hey, watch it, buddy!" The guy's window is down and he is amused by the tongue-lashing. He turns to his passenger and says, "I think I just got told off by a 3-year-old!" to which Hubba yells back, "I'm FIVE, you dummy!"

"Sometimes I wish people had a minimize button so I could click it and make them go away."

12 comments:

Cami said...

Those are awesome! I LOVE it!

Annette said...

I have to tell you, your blog makes for some good quips around our dinner table. I love telling Devon the Hubba story/quote of the day!

Katie said...

I LOVE these quick quips. You need to keep these coming! They make me laugh every time I read them! (Not only that, but it makes me look forward to having rugrats of my own!)

Linn said...

Seriously, how do you ever keep a straight face in your house? These are awesome!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the laugh. Hubba is a riot.

Richard & Natalie said...

Gerb, These are hilarious!! And stop following Satan already will ya?! LOL. I LOVED all of them.

Teachinfourth said...

So, you're still following Satan, eh?

I guess we all have our vices…

Anaise said...

What? Who thinks you're following Satan?!?!? :) What's the context of THAT one?

Oh, and your Hubba is a corker!

Lori said...

These are hilarious! That Hubba...you've got a handful with him. ;)

Gerb said...

Cami- Thanks!

Annette- He does provide plenty of conversation topics... funny kid.

Katie- STOP THE PRESSES! Did you really just say, and I quote, "...it makes me look forward to having rugrats of my own!" ?? You know I have been patiently waiting for that day, right?! RIGHT?!

Linn- I think there's a whole heck of a lot more laughter than straight faces. Kids are awesome, aren't they?

Rachel- That he is. I love it.

Natalie- Yeah, me and Satan, we're always conspiring to do things like hoard the birthday cookie I got in Primary. It's nice to have my kids to remind me of my errant ways.

T5th- I'm trying to quit...

Anaise- He really is. Hubba asked if I would share the cookie that the Primary gave me for my birthday. I said no, which prompted his remark. Funny kid.

Gerb said...

Lori- I'm thinking he and Lawson have some similarities... ;)

Cara said...

Bill Cosby didn't get a show without reason! Kids are hilarious! Especially yours!