Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tree Huggers

photo from komonews.com

Have you heard this story? I wish I had thought of it myself, except that I can't knit worth a darn. (Hey - I think I just made a knitting joke!)

Anyway, whoever came up with this whole idea is brilliant. Think about it... somewhere in this New Jersey town are ninja knitters, who, under cover of darkness, stealthily stitch sweaters for cold, helpless trees and lightpoles and bring vibrant color to an otherwise bleak winter landscape.

Seriously, does it get any better than that?!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Too cool...seriously.

Linn said...

Um, AWESOME!

Kara said...

So fun! I would be interested to know how they put these on the trees. Do they stand there and knit them right there? I wouldn't think so for it would be easy to get caught. They must knit something flat and then sew or knit it together around the tree. I'm not a knitter but I do crochet. Not well enough,though, to even envision doing something like that.

Rachel said...

Cold fingers and knitting don't go together so they must knit something flat and then whip it up real quick around the branch or pole.

Why do I never think of such fun things? Kindof like giving out free ice cream all over town......I never think of the cool stuff.

Gina said...

Too funny.

Anaise said...

That cracks me up! I so admire people who are capable of thinking outside the box.

Lori said...

Very pretty, and pretty cool...but seriously--do they have a life, these ninja knitters?

They should totally knit sweaters for the homeless.