Thursday, May 10, 2012

What Am I?


photo here

I am a jungle gym.

I am a punching bag.

I am a pillow and a chair.

I am a tissue for messy noses.

What am I?


I have memorized songs sung by dancing dinosaurs and normally inanimate objects.

I have not had a full night's sleep since 1993.

I have eyes in the back of my head.

I have my ways.

What am I?


My body is not perfect but somehow it is just right.

My mind is not perfect but somehow it is enough.

My patience is not perfect but somehow I am forgiven.

My dance moves are not perfect but... wait, actually they are.

What am I?


I am chauffeur, counselor and chef.

I am laundress, seamstress and waitress.

I am coach, referee and head cheerleader.

I am teacher, student and friend.

What am I?


My hands do an infinite amount of tasks.

My heart holds an infinite amount of love.

My mind holds an infinite amount of information.

My car drives an infinite amount of places.

What am I?


I can turn a simple shopping cart into a speedy race car.

I can heal hurts with the power of a kiss.

I can build castles with a blanket and a stick.

But I can't handle saying goodbye for extended periods of time.

What am I?



I am a mother.  And I am super thankful to share my life with the awesome small-ish to tall-ish kiddos in our family who make that possible. 



I hope you all have a fantastic Mother's Day weekend!

8 comments:

Holmes said...

You are also an amazing example and friend to so many. Happy Mother's Day, Gerb. Meet you at Macey's soon!!

Anonymous said...

This is fun! I love it. May I use a slightly adapted version of this for my primary kiddos this Sunday?

Gerb said...

Thanks Holmes! The same goes for you. I have looked up to you for a good portion of my life. Love you!

Anon- Absolutely! Have fun with it.

Anaise said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Connie said...

Great poem! Happy Mother's Day!

Petersons Blog Spot said...

Thanks for the poem, it's perfect. Happy Mother's Day!

Teachinfourth said...

Shoot, my guess was going to be a unicorn...

Richard & Natalie said...

What are you? You are brilliant!

This was fabulous and I hope your Mother's day was, too.