Monday, May 7, 2012

Pizza Cake

 

When our cute Little O had his big 0-4 earlier this month, he was adamant about one thing.


"Little O, what do you want for your birthday dinner?"
"Pizza!"
"And what do you want for your birthday treat?"
"Pizza CAKE!"


What can I say, the kid loves pizza.  And since I know that he's really only a fan of the frosting on cakes, I decided to go with a cookie pizza for dessert.


I found this recipe online and I think it's my new favorite for fruit pizza.  It was quick, easy and delicious!

The creamy layer is different than a typical recipe; it's made up of vanilla pudding and whipping cream.  I loved this variation and had no problem eating the remaining 'sauce' straight out of the bowl with a spoon.  The cookie is just made from a tube of sugar cookie dough which worked out perfectly for me since I was rushing to get it done.

However, I was glad I checked on the cookie as it was baking because I ended up taking it out about 5 minutes before the suggested time in the recipe and it was already pretty dark, so if you give this a try I'd take that into consideration.  If I had more time, I would have made up a batch of my own recipe for sugar cookie dough just because homemade always tastes better.  And if blueberries weren't $6.99 for a tiny little dry pint I would have added them for more color.  But regardless of those things, this was a big hit with everyone and I'll definitely be making it again.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

MMMMmmmmmm! I'm a big pizza fan myself. Looks yum.

Petersons Blog Spot said...

Fun! What a great idea for a birthday cake!

Richard & Natalie said...

Happy belated Birthday Little O! That pizza looks fantastic and makes me think it would be the perfect thing to make for Mother's Day.

Teachinfourth said...

I think that he made a GREAT choice for his birthday cake...