Monday, January 2, 2012

Twenty Twelve


This year is going to be an eventful one for our family!

Allen and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary.

I'm going to be celebrating 40 years of life on this planet and seeing my first published writing.

Coolister will be leaving to serve a 2-year mission for our church.

ElemenoB will be a senior in high school and turn 18 - technically an adult.

Thumbelina will turn 16 and be old enough to drive and date.

Hubba will be turning the magical age of 8 which means he'll be getting baptized.

Curly is FINALLY going to start kindergarten! (She's been ready for this for about 3 years now. I'm pretty sure she could act as a substitute teacher if hers is ever gone.)

Little O had his first week at church as a Sunbeam yesterday. He is growing up much too quickly.

And that's just the stuff that we actually know about. (Well, that and the end of the world on December 12.) Who knows what other adventures and surprises 2012 could have in store? I think it's going to be a great year.

11 comments:

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

That is amazing! I think I've been reading your blog for a long time because I can remember when all of those kids were much smaller!! I hope this is a great year for you - sounds like it's set up to be!!

Larry said...

What are you having published?

Rachel said...

Your 2012 is looking suspiciously a lot like my 2012. All except for that turning 40 part.... :) You're right! It IS going to be a great year!

Rachel said...

P.S. Which is the real reason why the world is going to end after 2012....... I 'would' turn 40 in 2013. :D

Gerb said...

MnM- I was trying to remember how we found each other in the blog world. All I remember is that, you're right, it was a long time ago. Thanks for sticking around!

Larry (or Nancy?)- I submitted one of my essays to a literary journal and it was accepted. I got to expereince the whole editing process which made me re-think wanting to ever write a book. But the journal will be published early this year and I'm pretty pleased with how it all turned out. Once it's published I'll ikely run a post with my original essay compared to the final draft. :)

Rachel- Funny how that works out sometimes, isn't it? My good friend Cari did a post like mine before I did (which is what prompted my writing mine) and I noticed that she and I had a lot in common for the upcoming year, too. Oh, and by the way, you don't look a day over 18. ;)

Gerb said...

p.s. Obviously the editing experience didn't teach me much with all of the typos in my comment to Larry. Sheesh!

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Sounds like an awesome year. And getting PUBLISHED!! How exciting! Congratulations!

Gina said...

You are awesome. I love the one million milestones in one year. You, as always, amaze me! Way to go on the publishmenting (should that word be edited?). LOVES!

Sarah said...

Wow, 2012 seems like it's going to be a FANTASTIC (although slightly emotional) year for you! Don't forget to let us know what's being published and when, we stalkers of amazing writers like to know these things!

Elemenob said...

The 21st, Mom! The 21st!

Sybrina said...

And, sounds like it is meant to be a great year - for all 12 of you!