Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy Camper


For many years now I have been attending camp with the young women (age 12-18) in our area. I have been an assistant camp director in the past and, in more recent years, a camp committee member. A few months ago I was thanked for my service and wished good luck in any new endeavors. I was a little sad about this (okay, a LOT sad) but I figured it was time to give someone else a chance to experience the awesomeness involved with going up to camp with the young women in our neighborhood.

I may have sulked a little bit. But then! THEN!! Not too long ago I was asked to be the camp director for my church congregation.

I am not even kidding, you guys. I AM THE CAMP DIRECTOR. You know what this means, right?

Dreams really do come true.

7 comments:

TrueBliss said...

AWESOME! Can I pretend to be a teenager and move into your ward? You're so fun, Camp will be such an awesome experience, I still remember my first year up there and having you around. The FUNNEST days ever!

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Sa-weet! Your camp looks awesome. My (I say it like I own it) childhood summer camp looks quite similar except no mountains. :o)

I have a sneaking suspicion we know many of the same camp songs...

Richard & Natalie said...

Lucky you! I am happy you got what you've always dreamed of.

Linn said...

My bishop would like to request you move to our ward. Pronto. Oh man would we best so grateful! You will do a fabulous job!

Rachel said...

Pure awesomeness!! I'm going again this year. I was released as Assistant camp director but I was put in yw so...... there ya go! I still get to go! And I'm way stoked. It will be Henny Pennie's first year.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous that you love camp that much. If I was asked to be camp director I would probably run away screaming and not from happiness! Jerri

Chelle! said...

YAHOO!! I am glad that you FINALLY get the calling of your dreams. I am excited to see you at camp. I missed you last year. You will be an amazing camp director. No doubt about it!