Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bringing Sunshine Since 2003

Nine years ago, on January 1, 2003, our Princess was born. She was the second New Year's baby born in our local hospital even though she didn't arrive until around one in the afternoon. (Apparently everyone was trying to have their babies induced the night before and only one held out until after the new year rang in.)


She has always had this beautiful, contagious smile that just lights up a room like sunshine.


Princess can be ultra-sensitive at times, but that's because she's just a tender-hearted sweetie.


Her manner of speaking, her kind nature and her helpful attitude are just some of the things I love about our Princess.


She is the kind of girl who is a friend to everyone in her classes at school and church because she has a natural ability to love others for who they are.


Princess has told me that her name needs to be changed on my blog because she's "not really into Princess stuff anymore." When I asked what she is into, she named things like Harry Potter, reading and 'spy stuff'.


She loves to make that face up there. Like, all the time.


We are so lucky to have this darling girl in our family! Happy birthday, Princess.

3 comments:

Anaise said...

Even if she's not into princesses, she can still be your princess. :)

Happy Birthday to your Princess!

Autumn said...

I am seriously so impressed. I love reading your blog. 10 years ago you told me you wanted 10 kids and you achieved it. You are an amazing woman! I would love to come learn from you sensei! You are what I want to be but we will see where I end up.

Just SO said...

She is such a cutie! Maybe she could go by Hermione or Luna from here on out?