Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's Good For The Goose


The training for this TriathaMom is totally kicking my trash! The other morning I was feeling completely frustrated that I can not run farther than half of a block. I kept thinking, "Why do I need to stop and rest so much?"

And then I looked out into the field.

Along the typical 2-mile route where I run there are quite a few hay fields. As I approached one I noticed there was something out there. The closer I got the clearer they became - a flock of geese. Not just one or two, but a whole field full of them. I had never seen anything like it before. I snapped a picture of them with my phone camera.


Can you see all of those dark brown shapes? Geese! It was awesome.

As I continued to shuffle down the street I started to think about those geese. What were they doing? Migrating? Out for a morning flight together? I had no idea. But this thought came to me:

I couldn't even walk 7 months ago and now I'm complaining about needing to walk when I want to be running? If geese, who are born to fly, have to stop and rest sometimes - then it's perfectly fine for me to do the same.

So, how's my training going? Amazing.

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Sometimes I think it would be good for me to remember this, too.

Thanks, my friend...

cari said...

I love how you have the ability to notice a good lesson from the simplest things that most people would just pass up.

And way to go on the training!

Shellie said...

Very good thing to remember.

Pam M said...

Awesome post. I love it! Very wise.