Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crazy Stuff

picture found here
Some days I have thoughts that are completely irrational.

Like last Wednesday morning when I was getting ready to go running and I noticed a pair of white socks in the back of my drawer. I started to put them on and then I thought, what if I am in some sort of accident and they can't identify me? Allen would see my socks and say, "No, that's not my wife. She never wears white socks." Then I would be like Amelia Earhart, mysteriously gone forever with no explanation. So I put on some brown striped socks instead.

Once when I was washing the dishes I realized that I was washing all of the spoons first and I worried that the forks and knives might get jealous. So I washed them in a pattern: fork, knife, fork, knife, until all I had left were one fork, one knife and two spoons. I washed the spoons last to make amends with the forks and knives. I think we ended on good terms.

Sometimes when I come to a red light I move my mouth so it looks like I'm talking to someone in the backseat in case the person in the car next to me is watching. I'll even throw in a fake laugh so it looks like we're having a really great conversation. I do this because I don't want the complete stranger in the car next to me to look over and think that I'm boring, just sitting there waiting for the light to change.

I have decided that irrational thoughts make life much more exciting.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

So putting an even number of clothepins out on the clothesline while hanging laundry because you don't want any of them to feel the odd pin out is a good thing..... just wonderin'..... ;) I hate being the odd pin out.

HL said...

You are so awesome

HAH said...

It was SO much fun to meet you and yours today at Festivus!

Holly

Rebecca said...

Speaking of crazy....I may need that book back soon--I need to pick one for my book group for October!

Guess we better get face time soon!

Kristin said...

You are too funny! Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks irrationally at times :)

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Fabulous. I love you!!

Elizabeth said...

Are you afraid to kill bugs because it will send a signal to all the other bugs, and they will come after you in the night? Yep. That is mine.