Friday, October 8, 2010

Picture Day

It's picture day at the elementary school today.

I used to dread this day... having to wake up early enough to get the girls' hair just so, making sure that everyone's clothes were acceptable and their milk-mustaches from breakfast were washed away.

Well, we stopped ordering school pictures a few years back so now I allow the kids a bit of creative license. Two of the elementary schoolers are sickies today, but here's what the other two came up with...
Now? I LOVE picture day.

I just hope their teachers have a good sense of humor.

14 comments:

rorymckm said...

love it! great idea! boo will be going to christa mcauliffe elementary here so that would be PERFECT for her photos! LOL

diane rene said...

that is absolutely awesome!
I am still buying them, only because we bought for the first two all the way through school ... but I have slacked off on the 2nd round of pics, which I think are obnoxious.

Kristin said...

Fabulous!!

Katie said...

Awesome!! I'm gonna have to remember that for when I'm in that position as a parent! :)

Becky said...

I only buy the class picture.

Sarah said...

We did spikes AND color for our day, I'm saving my bucks for our fall family photo (which will be our Christmas picture this year). I LOVE picture day!

Rachel said...

I got the biggest kick out of seeing your kids at the school yesterday morning. Made my day.

Jon and Maryanne said...

That is Awesome!!!! :) At least they are still super cute!!!!

Rebecca said...

LOVE IT! It takes kids like yours to pull it off. :)

Connie said...

Gerb, I'm new here but I've read over your blog and love it! Good for you in bringing 10 children in to this world. I have 8 and I got all kinds of remarks from people, some were even nice!

I work at an elementary school. I'd love to see the kids come with creative hairstyles like yours!

Teachinfourth said...

Some kid ruined our class photo last year…

Oh wait, I take the good shot.

Never mind.

(I think it's a riot).

Richard & Natalie said...

If I haven't told you before...you and your kids are awesome.

Shannon said...

That last photo is to die for. Awesome!

Kacy said...

Great idea. Why am I still ordering school pics?