Monday, October 4, 2010

Quick Quips

From the mouths of my kids...

"Mom, do we need to get gas?"
"Nope. We've got a full tank."
"We don't have a tank! We have a car!"

"Last night I had a rilly, rilly bad dream and dragons chaseded me but I hided where they can't find me. It's true - I can not just make this stuff up!"

"Mom, are you gonna die after the baby is borned?"
"No. Why would you ask something like that?"
"Well, in Star Wars, Queen Amadala gets her baby borned and then she dies."
"Pretty much everything that happens in Star Wars would never happen in real life, honey."
"Yeah. (sigh) That's why we never get to see Chewbacca or Yoda anywhere."

"The forehead of my belly hurts."

"Is that really grandpa? 'Cause he kinda looks like WalMart."

"Where are you going, Mom?"
"To watch General Conference."
"Is that like General Grievous?"
"Not even close."



For you who are unfamiliar, this is what General Conference looks like:
and this is what General Grievous looks like:
VERY different.

And yes, I am aware that my 4-year-old daughter has a freakishly accurate fascination AND knowledge of everything that has to do with Star Wars. I think it's kind of cute.

9 comments:

Martha said...

You should go see this blog for more little girl star wars fans...and their parents make them some COOL stuff! http://www.filthwizardry.com/2010/10/milk-jug-storm-trooper-helmet.html

Brown Thumb Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brown Thumb Mama said...

[sniff] A girl after my own heart! I am so proud.

Jackjack is going to be a Jawa for Halloween this year--if she takes a fancy to it, I'll send you the costume for next year!

Annette said...

Okay, I'm dying for a little more context around the Wal-Mart/grandpa quip...

Lori said...

Too funny. Love these quips, Gerb.

Katie said...

I LOVE it when you post your quick quips. They always make my day! :)

Just SO said...

I'm always a little saddened that we never see Yoda or Chewbacca. Although...I did see someone dressed like Chewbacca once holding an advert sign on a corner. If I ever see that again I'll be sure to let you know so you can take your son.

Love those quips.

Gina said...

Thank you. Thank you. Those are some of the funniest quips out there. Love your kids' sayings.

Teachinfourth said...

I can't wait to get this one in my class a few years from now...