Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick Quips

From the mouths of my kids...



"Um...I fink maybe a monster ate your girl scout cookies, mom."

(spoken loudly) "Is that lady fat p-cause she's going to have a baby?"

"Do people who go to heaven get to ride there in spaceships?"

Hubba: "Don't you ever just feel like you want to go outside and burn stuff?"
Me: "Um, no. Never."
Hubba: "Huh. That's weird."

(pointing at a man who is smoking) "Hey, you are going to DIE!"

"Why doesn't Spock ever smile? It makes him creepy."

"When I go on a mission I want to go to Endor and teach the Ewoks. Or maybe just Chewbacca. P-cause it would be fun to see them at church. "

(After farting) "I think I ran out of gas now."

"Stop saying happy words, mom. It's freaking me out."

12 comments:

Rachel said...

I love when you post the quick quips!!! Several favorites in this one!

Martha said...

I think that the fun of being around Hubba would FAR outweigh any potential embarrassing moments! Thanks for sharing the laugh. :D

Martha said...

Oops, sorry. I just realized these probably weren't all Hubba...well then, apparantly it would be highly entertaining to be around all your kids.

Richard & Natalie said...

Love them.
Quick quips are one of my favorite posts; kinda makes me wish your kids would never grow up.

Cara said...

I really hope he does go on his mission there, that would make church better!

Kinsey said...

Star Wars! I love it :)

Haha, I love this post. It cracked me up.

Teachinfourth said...

The words of the young…

I think my favorites are teaching Ewoks and running out of gas.

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Oh my gosh, these are great! We end up with lots of "gas" comments at our house too...

Just SO said...

If only Chewbacca and the Ewoks could be converted. Church would be that much more entertaining.

Those are great.

Gina said...

Especially funny. Keep 'em coming...the quips and the kids.

my little secret for you said...

-laugh- kids are so lovley when they saying things..

Gerb said...

Rachel- I kept waiting to have enough and then Hubba gave me 3 yesterday. Thanks!

Martha- Hubba is a hoot, to be sure. Love that crazy kid. All of them, actually. Yes, life with my familia is definitely entertaining. It's why we don't bother with TV!

Natalie- Glad you like them. I was trying to think of a way to do posts about the funny things my kids say when there's really no grand tale to tell along with it and this was what I came up with. And - ditto on my kids never growing up.

Cara- Can you imagine having Ewoks or Chewbacca in Sunday School? A good time, for sure!

Kinsey- We're sort of Star Wars freaks around here. ;)

T5th- The gas one was awesome. It totally caught me off guard and made me laugh.

BTM- Potty humor is just so funny!

SO- Can you picture testimony meetings? (Hubba can!)

Gina- If it were up to me I'd be making an announcement. Apparently someone upstairs has different plans for now...

MLS4U- My days are lovely with them around, too.