Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break: A Photo Journey

This week was Spring Break.

That means my kids were all home from school for a week.

Lots of people around here go on trips or take their kids to do fun things.

Not around our house.

Who needs a va-cation? We spent the week at home on stay-cation.

We (minus Allen, who still has to work this week) all slept in until at least 9:00 a.m. every day.

I worked for a few hours this week, which is seriously fun for me.


Coolister went to physical therapy, a 'breakfast party thing' and made plans for prom. He also studied for the ACT all week because tomorrow is The Big Day.


ElemenoB bought a new dress and painted her bedroom. She's having friends over on Saturday. She also went running.


Thumbelina went shopping and spent some time with a friend. She wore her pajamas more than anything and watched her collection of Barbie movies a few times each. (I wish I was kidding.)


All-a-Boy played Lego Star Wars on the Wii almost everyday. The one day that I banned the Wii he had some adventures with a friend. He also worked on creating a unique Pinewood Derby car all on his own which allowed for plenty of feeling-sorry-for-himself (we are all fairly certain that he secretly enjoys this).


Cowgirl locked herself in the bathroom and cut her own bangs. Good news: They're almost straight. Bad news: She kind of looks like Spock. Good news: I'm taking her to the salon on Saturday.


Princess got to have a friend over one day. But the real treat for her was the sleeping in every morning and running around in the backyard without shoes once the snow went away and the sun came to visit.


For Hubba, Curly and Little O, it was business as usual - but with bigger friends around to make it more exciting.

Life is good.

Happy Spring Break.

15 comments:

diane rene said...

(a new friend from 4P)
sounds like the perfect spring break to me! love all the pics
we like to spend ours at home as well - my girls need time to unwind in their own habitats ;0)
plus, there be plenty of time for travelin' when summer comes!

Just SO said...

Cowgirl and me...we would get along just fine. Just fine indeed. I cut my bangs more times than I care to count, or admit. Good luck to Coolister on the ACT's! We stay home as well...and that's fine by me.

Lena the Teacher said...

I am going to have to tell the story about the barbie movies to my nieces who LOVE to watch them still, but are MUCH younger!

Kristin Garlick said...

Sounds like a nice spring break! Love the haircut ;)

Chelle! said...

Isn't every day an adventure when you are around? I think so. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing (and well deserved) Spring Break.

Anaise said...

The haircut/Spock segment was my personal favorite, but I'm going to show my eldest that your Thumbelina watches Barbie movies, and she's older than my girl, so there! My girl is so sure she's outgrowing activities that she still secretly loves; I'm delighted to show her she can still be a little girl for a while longer.

How'd you sleep in with toddlers in the house?

Kinsey said...

Cowgirl - live and learn...I mean "Live long and prosper." :)

Michelle said...

So I am just laughing so hard that I can hardly type. That is hilarious that you posted Cowgirl's picture next to Spock. The resemblance on the do is amazing.

BTW, I never noticed her bangs at all on Sat. Her new do is DARLING!

Gerb said...

Diane- Welcome! I love new friends. And amen for unwinding in their own habitats. That's a true vacation!

SO- Cowgirl finds comfort in that. But she says that your bangs are 'pretty cute and not too short' in your picture. ;)
Coolister thinks he rocked the ACTs. Now we just have to wait for the letter...

Lena- You can tell them that Thumbelina is 13 and she just got a new one for Easter. She loves them!

Kristin- Thanks. The new 'do from the salon is even cuter.

Chelle- I try to make life adventurous... just wait until camp!!

Anaise- When Thumbelina started wanting to collect the Barbie movies a couple of years ago I was all for it. Quirky things like that make for much more interesting teenagers! And I'm glad you liked the Spock segment. She's been a great sport about it.

Kinsey- You win for everyone's favorite comment. You had us literally L-ingOL. Classic!

Michelle- It's amazing what a good stylist can do, isn't it?

my little secret for you said...

sounds like a nice week :)

Mom not Mum said...

Your spring break blog is better than mine....you've got pictures. LOL Looks like a good time was had by all.

Kinsey said...

I'm glad I could provide you guys with some laughs ;)

Rachel said...

Your vacation was the same as ours. We did go up to Park City to visit Brian's parents a few times but for the most part it was a vacation here at home. I like those....

Teachinfourth said...

Wow, rock on Gerb! I think that a visit at your house would have had quite a few adventures. I'm sure that I'll hear all about AAB's car…

Now I can also say that I've met Spock in the flesh...

Gerb said...

MLS4U- It was great. Thanks for stopping by - and come back anytime!

MnM- Sometimes words are sufficient. But I always like pictures just in case they aren't. ;)

Rachel- Maybe we should've gotten the yayhoos together during the break? Maybe next time...

T5th- Maybe I'll have to give AAB's car a post all its own. It even did tricks...

And Spockette acts annoyed when we call her such things, but her expression says that she secretly loves it.