Thursday, December 11, 2008

Goin' Back To Cali: Thrift Stores!

(Imagine a picture of all my thrift store treasures here)


One of my absolute favorite things about coming to California for a visit is the chance to shop at the local thrift stores. Here on the high desert I have my favorite spots to shop - and I am never disappointed.

This year was no exception.

My 2 oldest girls have been indoctrinated in the fine art of bargain shopping and they were excited to join grandma and I in a shopping adventure. First, we figure out the best day to go. That was Tuesday, when early bird shoppers (9:00 am to 1:00 pm) got half off on all clothing items. Half off at a thrift store = suh-wheat deals!

I have been shopping for hardback books to stock our library-in-progress and found some good ones! Letters To Emily and Watership Down were my 2 favorite finds this trip.

I won't get into too much detail on our amazing purchases - but I'll tell you this: ElemenoB now has fun Christmas gifts for all of her friends as well as a load of new clothes for herself. Thumbelina found a few treasures as well. And me?

Let's just say it's a good thing we brought our trailer.

2 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Watership Down? That is one of my all-time favorite books! Glad to hear that you are having a great time...the snow will be here upon your return.

Gerb said...

Tchn5th-
Coolister and I read it together when we saw it as one of your favorite books on your profile last year and we loved it, too. Thanks for the recommendation!