Wednesday, December 3, 2008

You Lucky Locals!

Time's up! And the "Custom Random Number Generator" over at mathgoodies.com tells me that the lucky winner is: Comment #2, ~j! (applause!)


UPDATED! Check the bottom of the post...

I have 2 tickets.

They are for the Utah Regional Ballet's performance of The Nutcracker.

They were a gift from our fine city when we won the Good Neighbor Award.

Wasn't that thoughtful and nice? And we really appreciate it.

But there's this thing...

You know how some people are all artsy-fartsy and some are not?

We are all about artsy-fartsy.

Art galleries? LOVE them!
Plays? Musicals? First in line!!
Musical performances? BRING THEM ON!

But dancing... how do I say this?

I can't dance. Let's just get that out there. If you need someone who is crazy and can move around, wildly flapping their arms and imitating moves of decades past, I'm your woman. That's all I have to offer.

That may or may not have to do with the fact that watching other people dance puts me to sleep.

Please! Don't anyone be offended! (And don't tell me I should watch that famous-people-dancing t.v. show. We have rabbit ears, and I don't have time.)

Can you imagine how embarrassed I was when I fell asleep and SNORED at a modern dance concert back in 1989?! I had like a billion friends in this thing! But I could not. keep. my. eyes. open.

Here's where you come in. Can you help a girl out? Save me the embarrassment of ruining our family's good name and attend the Nutcracker Ballet for us. I am offering 2 tickets for the Covey Arts Center performance on Thursday, December 18th at 7: 30 p.m.

Anyone?

Balcony seats!

Anyone?

Great date night!

Anyone?

p.s. In the event that more than one person responds to this post, I will do that "random number generator" thing that other people talk about. I have no idea what it is, but I'm sure if I google it I can figure it out.

Since there is some interest in the tickets, I'll do the random pick thing. To answer questions: This is in Provo at the Covey Arts Center (a.k.a. the old Provo Library building). No, I don't have to know you for you to get in on the tickets. And I'll stop accepting comments tomorrow afternoon (Thursday, Dec. 4th) at 1:00 p.m. And by the way, I am SUPER excited that someone else can enjoy these.

9 comments:

Happy Hubby, JJ, Bugs, Nenie and Sadie Jo said...

when is the nutcracker? I have always wanted to go. :)

~j. said...

mmmhmmm...that sounds nice. Reeeeally nice.

Happy Hubby, JJ, Bugs, Nenie and Sadie Jo said...

I would love them.

Maleen said...

Totally count me in. I love the Nutcracker and I could really use a date night. That was really nice of the neighbors to give those to you. Next year, you should request a year's supply of chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate...my word verification that I have to type in is 'goodsin'. It must be a sign.

Sybrina said...

Curious- if those are close to Utah County, I'm interested. The Nutcracker is totally what I was hoping to do as a girls night out with Miss M. this year.

BTW- How about this word verif:

outedin

Someone at Google is getting a bit creative now -finally.

Holmes said...

Count me in...please! One of my YW is in it and I would love to go see her. Thanks!

Chelle! said...

Gerb--you make me laugh!!!

Cami said...

I would love to take Kate to see this. She loves the music from the Nutcracker, and she loves ballet.

cari said...

Count me in too. We love dancing over here!