Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cheery-O

Yes, it's true - I had a baby. Sorry to leave everyone hanging for a week, I guess I've been a little preoccupied. Little O was born on May 1st, and he's a sweet little thing if I do say so myself. (and I do!)
This was the view from my hospital room window. Isn't it spectacular? And can I just quickly sing the praises of my nurse in Labor and Delivery? Amy G. was awesome. It was like having one of my closest friends there with me - a friend who also had an amazing knowledge of all things Labor and Delivery related and explained every little thing that was going on. You'd think I would have this all figured out by now but she taught me a lot, and eased some fears, and made me feel completely comfortable. Thanks, Amy G!
I love this picture, even though he has that after-you're-born-mandatory-eye-goop-medicine fresh on his face. Can you see what a toughie he is? He's ready to knock you out if you pull any funny moves. Fists, ready. Don't mess with this kid.
The family all came to visit and Little O let them pass him around like a sack of potatoes without a complaint. He's a pretty happy little man. But wouldn't you be, if you got to be in this awesome family? (I mean that in a very non-vain way. If that's possible.)

I told him about how we have family prayers each day and he folded his arms to let us know he was up to the task. Not even a whole day old and already making me proud!
I guess we eventually tuckered him out.

Welcome, Little O!

16 comments:

Rebecca J. said...

Congrats, Gerb. What a cutie. And you're right--he is part of an awesome family. What a lucky little guy!

Sarah said...

He's ridiculously cute. And chubby-looking! How much did he weigh?

Rebecca said...

Cute post, Gerb. He's adorable, which is no surprise. And I'm so glad you had a good nursing experience at that hospital. I hope you're feeling well. I'd like to say I'm thinking about you when I'm up all night with my newborn, but honestly, I'm not thinking about anything but sleep!

Trish said...

Congrats!! He is beautiful just like the rest of your kids!

Sybrina said...

O- So sweet! Love the folding arms!

Gerb said...

Sarah-

He was 8 lbs, 12 oz. Coolister is still the reigning birth-weight champion around here (he was 8/15), followed by Hubba (8/14), and then Little O. I like the 8+ pounders. They come with such squishy cheeks.

Julie said...

Amen to that squishy cheek thing. Yummy!

The Black's said...

Congrats on the baby. He is so cute. We can't wait to meet the little guy!

Teachinfourth said...

I'm glad that everything came out all right and your new addition is already as reverent as the rest of the family.

If I had to be born into another family, I would have wanted it to be yours...well, perhaps not, as you would have been pretty young when I was born, and that's just awkward.

pam said...

Super-adorable and so handsome! Congratulations!

Farscaper said...

That is one beautiful little guy. CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see him in real life.

cari said...

He's a doll and I have to agree with the 8+ pounders and their cheeks. Adorable! What a lucky little guy!

annette said...

Yea! Our whole family sends a happy welcome to the new little guy! So glad to hear that all went well.

Jennifer said...

Congrats & Lations, Gerb! He's adorable!! Much love from Tyler, Kelly and ME! :-)

Mom not Mum said...

Congrats!!! He is adorable!! All 3 of mine were 8lb'ers so I'll agree with you there!!

Threeundertwo said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! Cheeks are one thing, but oooooh those squishy thighs!