Thursday, January 16, 2014

I Am Loved


The other day I found this sweet little note written in the snow for me.  I recognized the writing right away- it was from Curly, who writes me more love notes and draws me more pictures than I have drawers or boxes to contain.  I took a picture (or 10, because the more you take the better your chances are that one turned out right) and then kind of forgot about it once the snow melted it away.

I was scrolling through pictures on my camera yesterday and found this simple snow note again.  I uploaded it to my computer so I could see it better and that's when I noticed something I hadn't seen before...

footprints in the snow!

I am not a huge fan of the cold.  You may think that's funny since I live in Utah but the fact remains - I do not tolerate frigid temperatures well.  At all.  (Ask my family about my parka.) So the fact that my little Curly would hurry out into the snow without shoes to write this little note in time for me to see it was even more meaningful to me.

It's a beautiful thing to know you are loved.  

1 comment:

Anaise said...

I paper my doors with love notes from my kids. So many had to be taken down when we moved. I'm not sure where they are now, but new notes are appearing in good order. I think the bare footprints are darling!