Monday, April 25, 2011

Picture Perfect

Coolister called me from school with a predicament. He had printed off an assignment before school but left it on the printer. He asked if I could email him the paper so he could print it off at school and turn it in. Sure, I told him. I could do that.

He then asked if I could take pictures of the walls in his room and email those, too. What? That was an unusual request. Well, he told me, that was homework, too, but I forgot to do it. I told him he could do it when he got home seeing how it was HIS assignment, not mine. However, he turned on the charms and asked, pretty please? Not wanting to argue, I reluctantly agreed.

As I got my camera that small part of my brain that never got past the age of 12 formulated an idea and by the time I got to Coolister's bedroom I was giggling over what was about to transpire. Here are the pictures I sent him:



When I went to pick him up after school, the first words out of his mouth were:

You are so dumb, Mom.

I erupted in a fit of laughter. He laughed, too - and told me that he almost forwarded the pictures to his teacher without looking at them. Oh, what a glorious thing that would have been! I am sure that his teacher would have appreciated the lesson in my immature humor.

It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

No comments: