Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Asking & Answering

Prom was last weekend.

ElemenoB called Allen and I one evening with this announcement: I got asked to the prom! With a bunny! Can I keep it?

She told us that she found a note on our porch that said, "Some BUNNY wants to go to prom with you" along with the aforementioned bunny.

I told her we'd have to wait and see it for ourselves, but I was picturing a sweet little baby bunny and thinking I may not be able to resist. When we arrived at home, here is what we saw:


That's no bunny. It's a full-grown adult RABBIT. With no cage, mind you. Mr. Rabbit lived in our bathtub for two days as we tried to give it away via Facebook - with no takers. Allen and I told Elle that the only solution was for her to give the rabbit back to him as part of her reply. She debated different ways to respond using the rabbit and ultimately came up with this:

She left the jar and the note on his porch, along with the rabbit.

And they both lived happily ever after.

The end.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'll be calling you in a couple years for clever ideas of this type, Gerb!

I wonder, how did you harvest that much rabbit urine?

Brown Thumb Mama said...

I love it! What a goregous girl and a goregous dress. Hope they had fun!

Rachel said...

She looks beautiful! Love her reply. I still think she should have given him a bowl of stew and a rabbits foot..... :D

Teachinfourth said...

I am speechless...and you just went up four notches in the 'awesomeness' polls. Seriously, seriously cool, Gerb.

Anaise said...

Oh my goodness! That is funny!

Your girl is beautiful!

Shannon said...

If only the invites would have been so creative in my day. What a positively precious story!

Gerb said...

Rebecca - Lots and lots of carrots.

Blogful said...

I've never heard of asking and answering with pee and live animals, but that's what makes Utah great, right? Beautiful daughter, gorgeous MODEST dress, happy everyone!

Richard & Natalie said...

Richard and I seriously laughed hard at this one! You guys are genius.
And what a stunning couple in all their finery.