Monday, April 25, 2011

My Minions

It was quiet. The kind of quiet where you know some mischief is in the making - because it's too quiet.

Hubba? Curly? I called down the stairs. What are you doing down there?

We're pretending to be minions! was their answer.

Okay, then. It sounded harmless enough. Have you seen Despicable Me? Our family loved it. The kids quoted it for weeks afterward. The littlest kids were especially entertained by the hijinks of the minions.

Later, when I went downstairs to put in a load of laundry, I found a whole pile of papers that Hubba and Curly had produced by placing items on our scanner. What a waste of printer ink! There were random pictures of toys, their hands, pages of books, some ribbon, a kazoo and... oh, no. Oh, no no no no no!

I now understood what they meant when they told me they were being minions...



Because this is a family blog, I will not be sharing the actual photos. But here is the one I found just before the photo which literally bared it all:


Yes, Hubba wears Buzz Lightyear underwear. And in case you're not following me, the underwear didn't stay on after that picture was produced.

I unplugged the printer, put the paper up where they couldn't reach it, and talked to them about the cost of printer ink.

I could not bring myself to confront them about the actual pictures I found since I couldn't do so without breaking into an uncontrollable fit of laughter. However, you better believe I have those incriminating photos hidden away until I need them.

Like, say, for their wedding videos.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I was just going to say! You better be saving those!!

I'd have been laughing my head off. How did you ever keep a straight face. I think I'd have bitten a hole through my cheek trying to keep from exploding.

That is funny Gerb.

Teachinfourth said...

I am speechless.

Yet not surprised either...

Deb said...

Too funny! And it would be very difficult to tell them not to with out laughing!!!

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I will now hide the paper and unplug OUR printer so Hubba's evil twin doesn't do the same thing! Yowza!

Anaise said...

That is hilarious!

You have great kids!

Katie said...

Awesome. Your kids crack me up! Thanks for making me laugh!

Gina said...

This is one of the better of your already great posts. So funny.

Shannon said...

Absolutely classic. My two younger boys identify with the minion who whacked another one in the head with a hammer...

Richard & Natalie said...

I have to tell you, I read this last night right before heading up to bed and I kept giggling long after the lights were out. One of the best laughs I've had this week.