Sunday, March 27, 2011

Creative Writing

I will be the first to admit that I am partial to my kids' creativity. But this? This is awesome.

Hubba's kindergarten teacher gave this to me at parent/teacher conference last week:

In case you can't decipher it, it reads:

Where is my?
Hot DoG?
It is on my hed.


She asked the kids to write a short story and draw a picture to go along with it. She said that Hubba's was a class favorite. And how could it not be? It just screams Hubba - creative, funny and unexpected.

It makes me laugh every time I think about it. It is, in my biased opinion, the best short story - ever.

4 comments:

Today's Gift said...

How cute! Nice tribute on Teachinfourth's blog. Happy Birthday!

Rachel said...

Soooo Hubba!! I'm gonna marry that kid someday when he grows up. Okay, maybe I can't, but I'm gonna have my daughter or or or somehow I'm gonna get him in my family. He made my day when he took my hand. He's forever kin now! :D

Richard & Natalie said...

That drawing totally makes the story fabulous! I love that kid's creative side for sure.

Anaise said...

Yes, it is the combination of the art with the text that make the story great.

Keep writing, Hubba! I like your style.