Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shout Out!


Today I present you with a list of people/places/things that I would gladly recommend. You know, just in case you were wondering.

On the Web:
I have always had the desire to get my family eating healthier - but there are so many rules I know we should follow and things I know we need to put effort into in order to really make this happen. It can be overwhelming and frustrating. Until now! A friend recommended this blog: Word of Wisdom Living. And it is AWESOME. It teaches you how to incorporate just one new rule for healthier living each week and has informative posts regarding why and how to do so. If I was only allowed to read one blog, this would be it. It has been an inspiration toward helping my family live a healthier lifestyle. Seriously, go check it out.

In my neck of the woods:
If you need a new insurance policy from someone who really works for you (I mean it - he actually answers his phone or returns calls right away!) then you want to call Sean at LA Bowen Insurance. Not only is he a genuinely nice guy, he works to find a policy that both fits your needs and doesn't break the bank. If there is any insurance you need (homeowners, auto, life, etc.) then Sean is your man. For reals. Call him and you'll see what I mean. You're welcome.

At the grocery store:
One of my favorite things to buy as a treat for myself is an Izze. What's an Izze, you ask? Only the tastiest drink around. Want to know what makes it better than a typical soda? Well, it's naturally sweet with no refined sugars. It has no caffeine, no preservatives, and no artificial flavors. It is 70% fruit juice with a splash of sparkling water. And it comes in an awesome array of flavors, my favorites being the Clementine, Blackberry and Pomegranate Sparkling Juices. If you've never had one, you're in for a treat.

When Tillamook cheese is on sale, BUY SOME. Trust me on this. Words can not do this cheese justice - it is in a class above all other cheeses. If you've ever had the pleasure of eating some, you will know what I mean. Now I need a grilled cheese.


*No one asked me to write this post or compensated me in any way. I just really, really love these people/places/things and think they deserve a shout-out. Plus I've seen these kind of disclaimers on other blogs and I thought it would make me look like one of the cool kids.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Last year we visited the Tillamook Cheese Factory during our Spring Break road trip. It was interesting to take a look at the factory, but the best part of that stop was tasting: free cheese samples and the ice cream counter with lots and lots of yummy flavors. YUM.

olivia said...

I was reading this post outloud to Ben and by the time I made it to Tillamook, he said, "is she the same person as you??"

:)

I love you too.

And Rebecca! I've wanted to go to the factory ever since I found ou it existed way back in high school!