Thursday, January 27, 2011

Flower Power

Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
~The Koran



Yet another reason why I love the place where Allen works.

They sent me this beautiful bouquet with a note that read:
Get well soon! Sorry this took so long. Your friends at (Allen's work).

What is it about flowers? They make me a happier person just to look over at them. Is it the colors? The fragrance that fills the room? There is something grand about having a small part of nature and the outside world at springtime right here at my bedside in the middle of winter.

Whatever it is, they have brightened my room and my spirits since the day they arrived last week and once again I have been reminded of what an awesome company Allen works for.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love flowers too. I know some feel like it is a waste of money to buy something that is going to die but the amount of joy they bring is priceless and so worth it.

My motto: Life is too short not to enjoy fresh cut flowers.

So, every so often when I go to Costco, I buy myself some.....

Richard & Natalie said...

I think what is so wonderful about getting flowers is the thought behind it; just that someone was thinking of me and cared enough. Getting a boquet of spring in the dead of winter is simply a bonus.

You are a lucky lady.

Shahbaz Ahmad said...

Everyone loves to receive flowers. Give loved ones the gift that will last forever and not wilt away in a matter of weeks.
Flowers

Cami said...

I LOVE flowers too. I love working with them to create beautiful arrangements. I miss working at the flower shop and seeing the beautiful flowers everyday.