Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First Date

Who looks the most excited to have their mom there taking pictures? That's my girl.


ElemenoB and two of her friends planned a fun group date for the school's girl's choice Christmas Dance (really, it was just a huge ice skating party with no dancing involved, but whatever) last month.

It was a first date for all three of them.

How cool is that?

When ElemenoB and I went to pick her date up (someone needs to get their license, don't you think?) he gave her a rose and a box of one of her favorite kinds of candy. I was impressed - because do boys do that sort of thing anymore? Not that I know of.

Some of you may remember that she asked him on this date by 'stocking' him across state lines to a cross-country race in Southern California.

He answered her with a piece of celery festooned with googly eyes and a note that said, "Who's STALKing who?" (And of course his answer: YES.)

Turns out this was his first date, too.

I think they're off to a good start.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is an awesome reply! What a guy! Almost brought a tear to my eye! Now the bar is set high. Hope her future dates comply!

diane rene said...

SO cute! I love that she is so excited too :)

Rory, Chocolate Hair/Vanilla Care said...

yay for ElemenoB! hope that she had fun. :-)

Broughton said...

Oh my gosh ElemenoB is stunning!!! Any guy who takes her out is a lucky guy! I have thought about naming a daughter after her because she is one of the sweetest girls I have ever known and would feel so blessed if they were all like her!

Anaise said...

So cute!

So fun!

My oldest is counting the days away until she gets to do stuff just like this!

(She's only 10.)

Today's Gift said...

Aww, impressive about the flower and candy. They are cute together!

Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Rachel said...

Oh how clever! I love how he replied.