Sunday, October 5, 2008

He's Always Thinking


While watching our church's General Conference today All-a-Boy asked me, "Mom, who is in charge of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir?"

"I think Mack Wilberg is the name of the director." I responded.

fast forward 20 minutes...

"I trust you to mail this" All-a-Boy says, handing me a piece of notebook paper.

Here is what he wrote:

Dear Mack Willberg,

My mom said you were the director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I had an idea that would even make nursery kids watch generel confrence too! Have the choir sing songs like Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam and popcorn popping on the apricot tree! I'd be anxious to watch that! You could even have them do the hand motions for popcorn popping and have them jump up on 'beam' on Sunbeam! Consider my idea.

Sincerely,
All-a-Boy


You better believe I'll be mailing the letter tomorrow. Do I even need to say how much I love the way this kid's brain works?

15 comments:

Chelle! said...

OH, how adorable. I do hope that they take his request. I would love to see it!

Rebecca said...

My sister wrote a note to the choir when we were little, which lives in family infamy, but only because she spelled it "Tabelnacker Queer".
:)

annette said...

What a fun idea All-a-boy! Besure to update us if anything comes of it!

Cami said...

LOVE it! Maybe we'll all be surprised at the next General Conference!

cari said...

I love it! What a cute boy you have!

Sarah said...

Not only would it grab the attention of the nursery kids, but you bet your bottom I'd be glued to that screen too!

BTW...I am TOTALLY loving the lunch ideas. You are AMAZING!!

Mom not Mum said...

LOL Who says we all couldn't use a little head shoulders, knees and toes before we settle down for the 2 hours of conference?

Julie said...

Awesome. Truly. I'd be glued to the screen too.

Gina said...

You are sooooo in luck! My dad sings in the choir. He could personally deliver the note to Mac. Bring the note on Saturday to training (with the treats...wink wink) and the note could be in hand maybe as soon as Sunday morning. Whaddya say?

And...that is about the cutest thing ever? What do you do to make your children such little angels? Love it!

Gina said...

I just noticed that you posted this on Sunday. I hope we are not too late. If so, have him write a new one. My dad would get a kick out of hand delivering a note such as this.

Gerb said...

Gina-

The note was mailed first thing Monday morning. However, if I tell him we have an "in", I'm positive he would write another one.

Does Birdie watch every choir number during conference, looking for grandpa?

Gina said...

She sure does. We call this grandpa, Babo. It means grandpa in the Italian language. He served his mission in Italy. Anyway, when Music and the Spoken Word is on, or Conference, she calls this, "Babo Sings," as though this is the name of the program. It makes it kind of fun for all of us.

Panama Jones said...

They could probably charge for tickets, too. I somehow suspect having the choir jump when singing "beam" is out of the question, but how about acting out "Once There Was a Snowman?"

Shellie said...

I love it!

PattiH05k said...

Oh, Gerb, that is so cute! I'd bet everyone else would like to hear those songs sung too!