Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, All-a-Boy!

I can not believe that this handsome kid turned 9 years old today! 9 years ago, at this same time of year, I was in the same condition as I am now, anxiously awaiting the birth of another boy. He was the only kid who came late (by just one day) but he was worth the wait! Our All-a-Boy is a wonderful example to all of us of what it means to share what you know is right and true with others. He is a great friend to his little sisters as well as classmates and even adults. I have never known a boy his age to have so many adult friends! This kid is wise beyond his years, insightful and compassionate. I feel so blessed to have him as a part of our family, and to call myself his mom!

Happy Birthday, All-a-Boy!


(Photo by Trish, if you're interested! She's awesome.)

9 comments:

cari said...

I remembered that story from a talk President Taylor gave in our ward. I didn't know that was your son. What a great kid! That must have been quite the feeling to watch your young son in action! What a great example to all of us.

Happy birthday All-a-boy!

Rebecca said...

That is a great picture. And I still love my pictures that Trish took of my girls several years ago.

I remember the baby shower for this kid. You had the cutest little Thank-You's to hand out that night, which I kept and have copied a few times since then.

I hope you don't have to be a day late (or any later) this time! :)

annette said...

I agree 100%! He is one AMAZING kid! :)

Teachinfourth said...

Atta-Boy, All-a-Boy!

I, for one, am glad that there is a kid who makes each and every day a surreal adventure.

Cami said...

Hope All-a-Boy had a great birthday!

Gerb said...

cari-
I wish I was more like him when it comes to missionary work. He's awesome.

rebecca-
I remember that shower, too. It's the last one I had, and was a lot of fun! I'm shooting for May 1st at this point. That way I won't be too disappointed.

annette-
I couldn't agree more. Thanks.

teachn4th-
You're not kidding - surreal adventure describes his life well. It's like having our own version of Calvin and Hobbes right here in our house, only better!

cami-
Thanks! It looks like Andie's big day was pretty fun, too.

Trish said...

I can't wait to see how Kobe turns out years from now..a lot to look forward too, I imagine.

Thanks for the call out! I'll take free advertising anytime! :)

Sybrina said...

I was so touched by his story and testimony at Walt's baptism. He was meant for these last days! And, you are so blessed to be his parents!

A Conservative's View said...

All-a-Boy for President!!!!