Thursday, September 28, 2017

Pepper Pizzas



Here in Utah there has been a definite change in the weather. We went from highs in the 80's one day to stormy and cold the next. Things have balanced out some, but like many here, I had to go out and save what I could from my garden before the possibility of the low morning temperatures destroying it. This year, the largest result was a plethora of peppers. In the past I have shared my crop because we can not use so many peppers in such a quick time. But this year we discovered pepper pizzas, or, as my kids have dubbed them, Pezzas. So if you're trying to find a way to use a load of peppers, give these a try!

This recipe doesn't have any specific measurements. You can make one or 100 and you just eyeball it along the way.

You'll need:

Green peppers
spaghetti sauce
mozarella cheese
any other desired toppings (we just use mini pepperoni, and sometimes black olives)

First, de-seed the peppers by cutting them in half and removing the seeds. Lay the peppers, open side up, on a cookie sheet. Spread a large spoonful of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of each pepper. Sprinkle cheese on top of that. Then add whatever toppings your family likes. Bake them in a preheated 350 degree oven until the cheese is melty. (I like to look for the cheese turning slightly brown in spots, but that's just how I like it. I'm not the boss of you.) Then enjoy!

The crazy thing about these is that I didn't think they would be popular, especially with my youngest two. Neither of them like green peppers much. But they beg for Pezzas! I don't know if it's because they are not-so-cleverly disguised as pizzas or what, but they love these things.

Enjoy!

No comments: