Monday, January 14, 2013

The Weather Outside Is Frightful

The weather here has been as low as -14 with wind chill factored in.  I can't go outside without gloves on or else my nails break and my hands start to crack.  My lips are so chapped I have to re-apply a fresh layer of Mentholatum about every hour and my hair has so much static cling I want to wash it in fabric softener.  However, in an effort to find the good in things, I would like to share this quote:



“It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately.”
-A.A. Milne

Well played, Eeyore.  Well played.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Coconut oil Gerb! Best thing for your hair. :D Makes it all soft and purdy.

We quote Winnie da Poo here all of the time.

Rebecca said...

Wake me when it's spring.

Petersons Blog Spot said...

Welcome to my world! And coconut oil is good for your hands too.

Richard & Natalie said...

That is what you call looking on the bright side. :)
Looking forward to sunshine and Spring!