Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stuff I Do That You Won't Find On Pinterest

  
Holes in your kid's footie pajamas?  NO PROBLEM!  Cut the feet off of the pajamas and VOILA! No more holes!  No sewing necessary!


 
Use your old ice cream buckets and potato salad containers to store random items in your pantry!  Just like grandma used to do!  Classic!

Collect bread tags!  I don't know what use they'll ever be, but they're colorful and someday you will need them for something (says your obsessive compulsive brain)!  Store them in an old jelly jar and use them as kitchen decor until then!  Recycled art!

Have you ever wondered what to do with those stickers on your fresh produce?  Mod-Podge your sandwich bag box with them as you prepare lunches in the morning!  Maybe you could store your bread tags in the box once it's empty.  Crafty!

 
If your kids won't wake up when they're supposed to, sing them a song that you make up on the spot.  Include the names of their friends, things you see around the room, just be creative!  This always works for me - they jump right out of bed and scream, "SERIOUSLY MOM, I'M UP!!!"  Bonding time! 

Need a classy way to store your BoxTops and Labels for Education?  Stick sandwich bags to the refrigerator with magnets!  Then hoard them until there's some kind of contest that one of your kids' classes is thisclose to winning and use them as a bribe to get that kid to do housework.  Win/win!

Wipe the crumbs from the table directly on to the floor!  You're going to vacuum/sweep eventually, right?  Better yet, just vacuum/sweep your table when you do the floors!  Total time saver!

I hope you've enjoyed this exclusive show-and-tell with all of my best tips for mothering and managing my household.

You're welcome.

16 comments:

Gina said...

You, my friend, are awesome!

Brown Thumb Mama said...

Awesome! I will put Jackjack onto this chore list immediately!

Valerie said...

I think I'll have to pin some of these! :)

HL said...

You sre Awesome!!!

Rebecca said...

I think you WILL find these on Pinterest now. ;)

Lori said...

Hahahahaha...I do some of these, myself. Pinterest for Real Moms. ;)

KS Photography said...

y.e.s.

girlsmama said...

What? I thought everybody did these things. I totally do.


I fight people for the ice cream buckets. They are all kinds of useful.

Amy said...

You buy THAT much potato salad???

Do you clean the table after your children stand on it to brush the crumbs onto the floor?

I'm just wondering in the off chance I get invited to your house for dinner, I'd like to know what to expect. (Potato salad as the main course and foot prints next to my fork)

I love it! This is waaaaaaaay better than pintrest!

A Lark said...

LOVE. (:

Holly said...

I keep box tops in a baggie affixed to my fridge with a magnet too!

Connie said...

Every idea is pinterest worthy!

Petersons Blog Spot said...

love, love, love! You are my kid of crafty, creative-thinking woman!

Anaise said...

Fabulous. :)

I cut the feet off jammies, too.

Maleen said...

I knew there was a reason we are friends. I already do several of these. Great minds, do indeed, think alike.

lesa said...

Now there are some great ideas! Love them.