Monday, November 26, 2012

Moustached for Movember


This year Allen's company decided to join in with others all over the world in raising awareness throughout the month of November... er, MOvember.  They start things off clean-shaven:
 


and keep their moustaches growing throughout the month.


I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled Allen is to be sporting a moustache.  You can sense his excitement in the look on his face here:


I asked Allen why he was doing this if it drove him nearly insane to have an itchy lip for a month.  That was when I learned it was more than just a contest to see who could grow the most stache-tastic fuzzy upper lip.  They grow these bad boys in order to raise awareness around the often ignored issue of men’s health.  They raise funds by seeking out sponsorship in their moustache-growing efforts.  The funds raised here in the US support prostate cancer and testicular cancer initiatives.

Allen has not asked for any sponsors, or even any donations.  This is where I come in.  While the growing of a moustache may be limited to Allen's ability (for which I am entirely thankful!) I can still do my part by supporting his efforts and helping to raise funds and awareness.

Regardless of whether you think his moustache is awesome looking or if you prefer the clean-shaven look, would you consider donating to a great cause?  There are not many things I have a deep hatred for, but cancer is one of the few.  Every dollar helps to further research, change established habits and attitudes men have about their health, educate men about the health risks they face, and to act on that knowledge, which increases the chances of early detection, diagnosis and treatment.

All you have to do is click on THIS LINK to donate to Allen's fundraising efforts.

Every dollar makes a difference.  Thank you!

1 comment:

Emily Trumble said...

I hate cancer too! I desperately hope for a cure!