Saturday, March 31, 2012

Come Listen

photo here

I always look forward to the General Conference that our church holds twice every year.

I learned something in high school that I will never forget, something that made me so excited to listen to this semi-annual conference every time.

High school aged youth who are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints attend an optional religion class called seminary in addition to their school courses. In my area this class was taught at our church in the early morning before school began. During my senior year my teacher issued us a challenge about a month before the conference was to happen. She promised us that if we had any questions about our life or needed guidance on a specific problem or issue, that if we would pray about it every day and ask for help, we would receive an answer during General Conference. I am embarrassed to admit this, but I was going to prove her wrong. I thought, how in the world could every person's questions be answered? How could every person hear what they needed?

I accepted her challenge. I prayed daily about the things I needed answers for. And when conference came, she proved me wrong. I got the answers I was looking for. I remember how amazed I was.

As time passed between conferences I decided it must have been a coincidence. So I tried again, with a new issue, praying for answers. And again, it worked.

Since then I have done this every time. I have even become bold enough to make the promise to others, too - it works! Think and pray about your problem or issue ahead of time and answers will come during Conference.

Go ahead and try to prove me wrong.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't. Prove you wrong....... I've had the same experience.

Connie said...

I know that is true. My questions were already answered with Pres. Monson's first talk!
I LOVE General Conference!
Enjoy your weekend.

Chelle! said...

I decided to put it to the test. I was given the proof that my Heavenly Father loves me and provides the answers and insights that I needed to KNOW and FEEL today!

Petersons Blog Spot said...

Amen to all of the above.

Rebecca said...

Answers received within the first 30 minutes of the 8+ hours! Amen!