Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pesky Little Vampires

Oh, how I love autumn. The beautiful blanket of warm reds and yellows that covers our mountains, pumpkin-flavored everything, Halloween, and the kind of weather which calls for a light jacket or sweater. This year I have one more thing to really appreciate at this time of year - fall marks the end of mosquito season.

Have you ever heard of anyone being allergic to mosquito bites? I hadn't. Then one day this summer Little O's lower leg swelled up to double its size and we couldn't figure out why. A mosquito bite seemed to be the only possibility and we figured it was a one-time deal.

Nope.

Can you tell where else he got bit by those pesky little blood-suckers?

August


September

Goodbye, mosquitoes. We will not miss you.

Not one teeny bit.

8 comments:

Richard & Natalie said...

Oh that poor little sweetheart. I agree, good ridddance blood suckers.

Richard & Natalie said...

*riddance :)

Anaise said...

Poor kid!

My Emily's mosquito bites used to swell up and turn green. I took her to the doctor who looked at them and said, "Come back to see me if they turn black."

!!!!

They never did. We never went back. Over the years, she's stopped swelling and turning green.

Here's wishing your little man a peaceful and mosquito free winter!

Linn said...

That is horrible, poor sweet little boy! I have a sister that is allergic for sure. Her eye swells completely shut every time she gets bit. And they only go for her eye for some reason.

I don't know if we could say we are allergic, but both myself and Annie get absolute welts anytime we are bit. I don't mean a little swelling, huge, red, hot welts. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

Amy said...

HeLLO DEET!!!

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness! How sad to be allergic to those pesky little vampires. Thank goodness that they are gone!

Today's Gift said...

Poor boy! Mine swell up but not quite as bad- I won't miss those awful blood suckers either.

DEAKL 4 EVER said...

Gerb,
My 11 year old is allergic to mosquitoes too. We have slowly added garlic into our meals, not breakfast, unless hash browns or eggs. I give her Beneadryl and pray that she will heal quickly. Now we as a whole don't get bug bites because the little buggers don't like garlic.