Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Astros Game


When Allen was a kid he was on a little league team called The Astros and they have been one of his favorite baseball teams ever since.

When we were in the Houston area visiting two of Allen's brothers and their families we all went to an Astros game together. Let me just say that I am not one of those fun moms who likes to take her kids places. I tend to just go crazy counting to ten every 5 minutes to make sure everyone is accounted for when we're in a public place - so I prefer to just stay home where I'm in my element and everyone is confined. I say depriving kids gives them character. Right?


Well, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and join my family out at the ballgame. And you know what? I'm glad I did. If you ignore the repeated trips up and down the stairs to get to the bathroom with the youngest couple of kids in the bunch, it was actually a pretty fun time.


We got to visit and the kids had fun cheering and trying their hardest to be noticed by the camera operators who made people feel famous up on the huge video board. (No luck there, but it was sure fun trying.)


Oh, and I'm pretty sure some of the guys actually watched the game, too.


Go Astros!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

The thing about baseball is there's LOTS of time to visit and go to the bathroom and monkey around for the camera, and you still don't miss much action on the field. ;)

Connie said...

Looks like a fun time for everyone! I understand the counting to 10 every few minutes. I only had to count to 9 (that included my husband)

That was some pizza your family had. Did you eat all of it?

Teachinfourth said...

Being there in real life is NOTHING like watching it on TV...nothing. I'm glad you were 'breaking free' of the 'status quo,' Gerb.

Rachel said...

These photos remind me of when we go to Chicago and to a Cubs game. Up in nose bleed, having a good ol' time!