Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothering Sunday!


At church today one of the speakers talked about how, in England, Mother's Day is actually referred to as 'Mothering Sunday'. It is a day to honor those who mother and care for others - not only those who are mothers in the biological sense of the word.

I really like this definition, as I know of many amazing women who have never been given the opportunity to bear children on their own but have been a powerful influence for good in the lives of many.

To all of you who mother others in one way or another, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.



Here are some snippets of my Mother's Day...

One of the five cards I got from Cowgirl today.



Princess' teacher had them fill these out at school. I'm thinking about changing the spelling of my name to Guburdu now.


A classic picture from Curly which includes every element of her favorite drawing methods.


ElemenoB was able to get him to leave his precious Wii game to come and make this for me. Combine that with the fact that he hates to write more than he hates to sleep in his own bed and this piece of paper is a hot commodity.