Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Cheer

As a general rule, last minute Christmas shopping = misery.

Except for one small moment on Saturday.

We have a tradition of letting the kids buy gifts for each others' stockings so Allen and I each took a portion of the kids shopping. I had Coolister, Thumbelina, Princess, Hubba and Little O with me as we looked for fun items to stuff stockings with. At each store Coolister would hoist Little O up on his shoulders and my little trail of duckilings would follow me in.

When we came to a bookstore a gentleman and his wife held the doors open for us - me at the front and Coolister with Little O at the back of our entourage. As Coolister thanked him for holding the door the man responded, "My pleasure. You two have a good-looking family!"

Coolister looked to me, rolled his eyes, and thanked the guy... even though I know that he was probably disgusted that someone would think he was married to his mom.

It's the little things like this that make my holidays awesome.

15 comments:

Kara said...

That is great! Thanks for the laugh, it was just what I needed.

Kimm said...

Ha! Thanks, I needed the laugh too!

Rebecca said...

Wow, that's a double bonus: kind, friendly people in the mass of last-minute shoppers (rare), plus a good laugh! I love it.

Kristin Garlick said...

Ha ha ha! Too funny!!

Teachinfourth said...

Holy Hannah...THAT just made my day!

Richard & Natalie said...

Completely awesome!

Kerri said...

I'm a lurker, but I had to say how funny that was. Poor kid. He's probably scarred for life :)

Anaise said...

Poor boy! But what a compliment to you!

:) :) :)

Michelle said...

Now that is funny!

Katie said...

Oh man, HILARIOUS! Love it!

Gina said...

Ahhh...he is quite a handsome catch too.

Cami said...

LOVE IT!!! Hope you have a wonderous Christmas!

Sarah said...

I am only agreeing with eveyone else on here that needed the laugh and thinks that your son is amazing for his reaction and, YAY for you!!!

Gerb said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone. And Kerri - thanks for de-lurking to comment!

I still haven't let Coolister live this one down. It's been great.

Lori said...

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And once again.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.