Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's Finally Here

This morning we looked out the window and saw this:


Which resulted in Princess' prayer this morning:

Heavenly Father,

We thank thee for finally covering everything with so much snow 'cuz it sure is sweet to look at! We know we can't play in it yet because we are good kids who hafta go to church in this morning but when we do get to play in it later we'll be thankful all over again.


We're thankful for the food we get to eat for breaftist because we can eat it while seeing all that sweet snow outside! And right now when we woked up it was still snowing so thanks for letting us really see the snow fall and make even more snow stick on the earth, too. It's pretty awesome.

I want to ask thee to bless lots of things but I can't remember them because I'm too excited about the snow. But bless all those things. You know what they are.


In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

10 comments:

Gina said...

Amen

Kimm said...

Amen from me too! What an awesome prayer!

Teachinfourth said...

Can you say, "Laugh riot?" That is, one of the best prayers I've heard in a long time.

Richard & Natalie said...

That wouldn't have been a very reverant prayer at our house because I would have been busting a gut. So, so cute.

Anaise said...

That prayer is a treasure.

We're having our first snowfall as I write--can't wait to see the kids' faces when they wake up.

Martha said...

I love that she can't think of what else to say because she's so excited about the snow!!! So sweet!

Gerb said...

Gina- That's what I said... and then got to the computer quickly to record it so I wouldn't forget!

Kimm- She's the best at saying things we don't expect. It's awesome.

T5th- I was having a hard time not busting out laughing in the middle of it. She is so dang cute.

Natalie- Yeah, I even coughed once to cover up a chuckle.

Anaise- Thanks. It is a magical thing to see how kids react to the first snow, isn't it?

Martha- It was great. I wish I could have just published a recorded version - hearing her say the words made it even sweeter!

Katie said...

Hahaha!!! You're kids are so cute.

Gerb said...

Thanks, Katie. I have to agree. ;)

Lori said...

Hilarious! So heartfelt...you know she's got a pipeline straight to her Father's ear.

And I am SOOOOOOO jealous of your snow. We rarely get any decent white stuff here in VA...if we're lucky, once a winter we'll get around 3-5 inches. That's sledding weather and no school for, like, a week.