Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Medieval Times



 
Sometimes having fun friends helps keep life fun for Allen and I. For example, would we have ever planned a LARP (Live Action Role Play) party with a medieval theme and invited a bunch of people to get dressed in full character and join us? Nope. But our friends the Arnolds did and it was such a blast!
 
We got invitations well ahead of time and then found out our characters soon after. I was dreaming of the fancy dress I'd get to wear as a princess or duchess or something and then saw my character card in my email: a scantily-clad witch, with a note that said, "You don't have to dress exactly like this". Thank goodness! Because not only would I feel extremely uncomfortable, I think everyone else would have felt the same. So I went to a local theater to rent costumes for Allen and I. They had something for Allen right off the bat but they had to get creative with me.
 

 
This was a night filled with awesome friends, delicious food, jousting, knife-throwing, love-letter writing, laughter and fun. I didn't bring my camera but thank goodness others did! I'll just let the pictures do the talking... 








No comments: