Saturday, September 7, 2013

Called To Serve

On Friday Elle got a big, white envelope in the mail.  We had been anticipating this letter and kind of stalking the poor mailman everyday as we waited for it to arrive.  This was the letter that would let her know where she would be going on her 18 month church service mission! (If you want to know more about why Mormons send missionaries all over the world and what exactly they do, click HERE.) She waited until Saturday afternoon to open it so that everyone in the immediate family could be here.

Do you want to share in our excitement?  Here you go...



We are all so excited for her to serve in the Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission, speaking the Spanish language!

  
I really have no words to describe the feelings of my heart.  This beautiful young woman, my sweet Elle, is going to be one fantastic missionary!  


4 comments:

Anaise said...

Congratulations to your beautiful girl! Her reaction was so sweet--touched my heart.

Linn said...

Congratulations to Elle and all of you! I just can't imagine how you feel, but am so very happy for you. So incredibly sweet.

Anonymous said...

I knew your husband's family growing up in CA and stumbled across your blog over a year ago. I have been anonymously enjoying your posts all of this time. My son went into the MTC on the same day as yours last year... and guess where he is serving? That's right, Louisiana, Baton Rouge! Wow! He is not on a spanish speaking mission though. Just thought I would share what a small world this is!

By the way, my name is Erin Bradshaw Silva LOL

Petersons said...

Yay!! So exciting! Thanks for sharing.