Thursday, September 1, 2011

Guest Post: Professor Sybill Trelawney

The day began in a most ordinary way. I was deciphering the messages in the dregs of my morning tea when my Inner Eye experienced the strangest sensation. Suddenly, I knew there was a class waiting for me. A class of muggle students, mind you, but a class in dire need of my expertise in the veiled mysteries of the future. I departed at once.

Upon my arrival I immediately shared my gift of divination by reading the teacher's tea leaves and... oh, dear. Really, it is kinder not to say, but he had... the Grim! The giant, spectral dog which haunts churchyards! It was the worst of omens. I didn't intend to frighten anyone, but I knew immediately that I needed to find one in their number who could offer their teacher protection.


I consulted the fates and could sense a strong aura among them. It took me some time to place it - but once I discovered the one who had great receptivity to the resonances of the future I revealed to her the importance of her position. She alone could save her teacher from what the future held in store.


A few unfortunate predictions were pronounced - not by my own thoughts, of course, but by the prompting of fate. And then, before I could offer even the quickest lesson in palmistry or fire-omens, my Inner Eye could sense that my time of departure had come.


As I walked out the door of their classroom I reminded the muggle children of the importance of working together for their teacher's benefit - you know, beware of what lurks in dark shadows and all of that - although I could already see that the Grim was stalking near, growing ever closer. I did not want to frighten the poor dears. However, I will confess that the thought of the teacher's tea reading remained a great concern in my mind.

But really, I had already intermingled with the muggle world more than was prudent. I left in haste.

The Inner Eye can be such a burden at times.


Would you like to read the teacher's account of my visit?
Click here.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

LOOOOOOVE it!

Holly said...

that is awesome! I saw the companion posting first and sussed out your identity.

Linn said...

SO fabulous! We just finished listening to HP #3 as a family a couple of days ago. You are amazing, Gerb!

Rachel said...

I love you Gerb. I truly do.

A Lark said...

Dare I say.... you make a perfect Trelawny? Is that a compliment? Hmmm....

Richard & Natalie said...

You are my idol. Seriously, I think that it is so cool you do things like this.

Anaise said...

You're too fun!

Lori said...

I don't know how you do all you do.

And that baby is precious. Sweet.