Monday, December 20, 2010

Ten Second Tales


As we were driving home from a shopping trip well past nap time the other day, Little O was restless and fussy. Curly took it upon herself to tell him some stories in an attempt to calm him down - and it worked.

I noticed she was saying "The End" about every 10 seconds so I decided to listen in on these quick tales she was fabricating for her little brother. It took everything in me to not laugh out loud as I marveled over her creative genius. At each stoplight I would quickly jot down what I could remember of her stories before it was time to drive again.

Here are the three I was able to capture on paper for your reading pleasure:

Once upon a time there was a girl. She was a very nice little girl. Then she fell off a cliff. The End.

Once upon a time there was a robot. It was a very ignoying little robot p-cuz it wanted to be a human. So every time he pretended to do human stuff, I just unplugged him. Someone had to teach him a lesson! The End.


Once upon a time there was a little tiny house. It was a house for a chick-munk family. They loved their cute little house. But one day they looked out the window and saw a bear! They got so scared! But really it was just a pretend bear that someone put up for a Christmas decoration. They never left their house again. The End.


I'm thinking she could publish a book of short stories and have her college fund all squared away before the age of five.

I could listen to these all day!

14 comments:

Martha said...

Those are great! Thanks for sharing a laugh.

Kristin said...

Looooove it! So cute and so funny and sooo creative!

diane rene said...

what a great little helper! I would definitely buy the book ;)

GaeLynn said...

I love her stories! So fun!

Gina said...

Those are the best! I could listen all day too.

Kristi said...

Too cute! Also, that picture looks so much like YOU! Darling

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Don't you wish you could unplug all those ignoying things? Too cute!

Anaise said...

So cute!

Teachinfourth said...

Ah, creativity…there are sometimes I wish people would tell their stories in such a quick and efficient manner. I mean, I've been caught at the grocery store before for what seems like millennia...

Laurie said...

The book would be a bestseller - please follow through on it!

Rachel said...

Once upon a time she had a brother who was flipping through posters at the Scholastic book fair. He came across a poster of some chipmunks in Star Wars get up and he said, "What an insult to Star Wars". The End.

At least you were successful in not busting up laughing.... Me. Not so much when your little guy said that!

Linn said...

So, so sweet. Our Ben says p-cuz too. It is my favorite.

Richard & Natalie said...

So cute and what a great big sis. I wish I had a record button that I could push to record moments like these so I could have them forever. (Of my own kids, of course. Your's are super cute, but that would be a tad bit creepy.) I'm glad you took time to jot them down.

Shannon said...

Recounts of your little ones are always so precious, but the best part is how you add in the phonetics...I love, love, love it.